Welcome to Saxonbury Ltd
We are a Board Level search and advisory consultancy
- We build Board capability for large, small, private, public and third sector organisations
- We are thoughtful, challenging, and open with the integrity to say what we think.
- We focus on helping you to see and better manage the risks in hiring and/or changing your senior Executive and Non- Executive capability.
- We will suggest and explore the unusual
- We are open to invest some fees alongside you for equity
Our successes come from our curiosity and our unusually broad eclectic range of experiences.
We work with you
- To model alternative solutions for:
- Best fit: recruitment and succession
- Best way of working: Board effectiveness and Executive Team
- Maximised value and de-risking; acquisition due diligence and high risk moves
- Optimising capability
- To develop a proposition to take to market which will be compelling for those we/you seek to attract.
We add value
- In the thinking regarding solutions, diversity and capability
- In representing you with passion and belief
- To understanding the difficult decisions around people
We bring intergrity
- To tell you what we think beyond what you may want to hear
- To representing you effectively
- To our dealings with you and others
- Our clients will testify to our results
- Most of our assignments are from existing clients and recommendations
We bring richness
- Introduce discussions on behaviours, styles, and ways of working, motivations, and attitudes alongside knowledge, skills and experience
- Give you access to a huge, eclectic repertoire of perspectives, experience and learning from our work over 50 years, with all sectors, sizes and types of ownership
“Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.”
– Therdare Isaac Rubuni –
What we do
Imaginative ideas coupled with risk mitigation.
- Executive, Non-Executive and Advisory Director
- For Board and Executive team.
- Board and Subsidiary Board
- Executive & Non-Executive
- “I want to go plural.”
- “I want to change sector.”
- “I need a new challenge.”
- “I want to be not just do.”
De risk critical decisions by bringing an outside, objective perspective.
Right people, with right capability, working the right way, in the right roles , at the right time.
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet keep looking. Don’t Settle.”
– Steve Jobs –
- Executive Director to Board
- Non-Executive Director at Board
- Adviser to Board
Sandy’s foundation is through General Management and HR Management.
- Executive Director to Board
- Recruiter for Board
- Adviser to Chairman, CEO and Board
Bob’s foundation is through Commercial, Marketing and Consultancy, with considerable international experience.
Our Consultants & Associates at a glance
“Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.”
– Anne Sweeney –
What do our clients say about us?
“Your work in recruitment and with the Top Team enabled me to take two key decisions three years ahead of time fully understanding the risks I had to manage that was the value of what you have done.”Chairman of Leading Global Funds Managing Company
As we wanted a process that was seeking to develop us not one to audit us, it has set a background against which we have been able to plan Board succession sensiblyChairman of FTSE Food Company
“Saxonbury work hard at understanding the business issues, cultural fit, and the chemistry required with the hiring executive. They demonstrate good business intuition and insight into people- with candidates as well as key executives at the client company.”Board Member FTSE 50 company
“I experienced their facilitation first hand on a number of occasions while we worked together to design and deliver a number of development sessions for my Board. Their ideas were always up to date, hard work, challenging but very enjoyable even when addressing serious and difficult topics; they certainly more than met the needs of my Board”Ex NHS Chair
Knowledge of the sector but not constrained by it and the ability to import ideas from elsewhere but also look at the situation fresh and creatively. They are not typical consultants in that they take real ownership of the problem and join in implementing a solution.NHS CEO
“When you engage, you really engage!”Chairman/CEO Public Sector Organisation
“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
– J.K Rowling –
Our Publications & eLearning
Welcome to the world of SmartArse e-learning, the new e-learning programme that produces results. It is a world where ambition, egotism and reality collide. But we can help you avoid the carnage.
2009: Human Resources in the Third SectorSandy Meadows and Mark Slattery
2007: Smartarse Guide to Organisational ChangeGeorge Blair and Sandy Meadows
2005: The Incident Decision TreeMeadows Baker and Butler
2004: This Time It's PersonnelDirector Magazine
2004: Our People Are Our Greatest AssetBob and Sandy Meadows (Edited by Jane Simms)
“Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.”
– Napoleon Hill –
Got a meeting with us?
Our Victoria meeting rooms… 21 Carlisle Mansions, Carlisle Place, London, SW1P 1EZ